International Conference on "Resurgent India Opportunities for the Indian Legal Sector and Professionals
Greetings from ICCA!
We are pleased to inform you that the Department of Commerce in collaboration with the Indian Corporate Counsel Association (ICCA) and Department of Legal Affairs (DOL) is organizing an International Conference on "Resurgent India Opportunities for the Indian Legal Sector and Professionals" on 21st March 2016 at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi. As you are kindly aware, special efforts are being made by the Department of Commerce to promote India's trade in services. Legal Services are an important area where India has huge opportunity and the Department of Legal Affairs (DoLA) & BCI is taking steps to gradually liberalise our legal services sector. Hon'ble Union Minister of Commerce and Hon'ble Union Minister of Law and Worthy Commerce Secretary and Worthy Law Secretary have been invited to grace the inaugural session (9.30 am to 10.30 am) of the event.
This international conference will provide a platform for sharing the experiences of stakeholders and for discussions on the regulatory mechanisms of various countries and will comprise of technical sessions on opportunities for India in International Trade & Legal Services, discussion on regulatory framework on opening up of Indian Legal Sector, Legal Education in India etc. It will be addressed by eminent personalities from Indian & foreign law firms, Bar Council of India, High Court Bar Associations and leading faculties of Law/ Business school/Universities etc., Its main goals are to;
- Ms Nirmala Sitharaman Union Minister, Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India
- Mr Sadanand Gowda Union Minister, Law & Justice, Govt. of India
- Ms Rita Teaotia Commerce Secretary, Department of Commerce,Govt. of India
- Mr P K Malhotra Secretary, Ministry of Law, Govt. of India
- Mr Sudhanshu Pandey Joint Secretary, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India
- Mr Suresh Chandra Joint Secretary, Minister of Law, Govt. of India
- Mr Lalit Bhasin President, Society of Indian Law Firms
- Ms Rebecca Reese, Sr. Member, U S Department of Commerce
- Mr Arjuna Nadaraja, Director, Transactional Practice, Law Council of Australia
- Mr Manan Kumar Mishra Chairman, Bar Council of India
- Mr Ashok Sharma President, Indian Corporate Counsel Association
- Mr Rajiv Luthra Managing Partner, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Mr Ajay Bahl Senior Partner, AZB Partners
- Dr Ashwani Bansal Dean, Faculty of Law, Delhi University
- MrVLakshmi KumaranFounder and Managing Partner, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
- Mr Shashank KarnadPartner , KPMG ........... and many more
You are kindly requested to take full advantage of this unique opportunity and kindly be present to share your thoughts and concerns. Please find attached program brochure,program agenda and registration form for your kind reference.